Drake ii Rough-in vs. existing 15 5/8â€

Users who are viewing this thread

wlpitcher

Reaction score
I’ve settled in on the Drake ii after Terry’s helpful post suggesting it would work well with my wife’s ostomy bag.

Now will it fit? Our existing toilet is a 1939 vintage “Americanâ€, I’m assuming American Standard. The measurement from the wall tile to the center of the bolts holding the base down is 15 5/8â€. Is this the “rough-inâ€? Our basement ceiling is plastered so I can’t measure where the drain is.

The back of the existing tank is 2 ¼†off the wall, wall to front of seat is 28 ½â€. There is only 20†from the front on the toilet to the shower door, I don’t want to be any closer with the new toilet, a little more clearance would help.

The Drake ii rough-in is listed as 12â€. I’ve read about the Unifit adapter, if using the 14†adapter would move the toilet back 2†I’d still be 1 5/8†plus the 5/8†tank clear from the wall. 2 ¼†is still a good gap, and I’d like to keep the toilet front clearance as big as possible. With the 12†rough–in and the 28 1/8†wall to front, the Drake front clearance would be same as the existing. Any way to move back the extra 1 5/8â€?

Does the Unifit work with the Drake ii? When I typed Unifit into Toto’s search a list of toilets appeared in a drop down and the Drake ii was not included.

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You would be looking at the Vespin II if you wanted to go with the 14" Unift adapter.
Same tank, but a different bowl that allows moving it back 2".

The center of your drain will be at about the center of the bolts holding the bowl down.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
To directly answer your question. No, the Unifit adapter only works on selected models of Toto toilets. There models require the adapter, either 10", 12", or 14". These models are skirts which hide the adapter. The Vespin ll is one of these models, the Drake is not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks