Drake II flapper

Users who are viewing this thread

Mfellows

Reaction score
I've submitted an email question to Toto, but in the meantime thought I might ask here since Terry seems to install quite a few of these. I installed a Drake II in April, 2012 and the tank (ST454E) contained a red flapper with a weight on the chain. I just bought another one yesterday (Dec, 2012), same exact model tank (ST454E) and it contains a gray flapper with no weight on the chain. Was there a design change, or is this a manufacturing error?

stephenk

Reaction score
I also just bought a Drake II and it arrived yesterday. Grey flapper with no weight on mine. I would guess it's just a design change.

I installed it an it works fine.

Mfellows

Reaction score
Here's the response I got from Toto:

The original flappers used a float to help the flapper stay up. The new flappers do not require the float.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There's more than one way to skin the cat (as they used to say)...it's certainly less trouble to manufacture things with one less part to assemble. And, the float can't come off and get lodged in the waterway, either (not common, but could happen). Sounds like progress.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks