Drake II 1G Parts List Out -- Complicated!

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
So much for easily-available standard parts.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst454cufg_parts.pdf

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst454cufg-specs.pdf

I'd say "Yikes!" but what do I know? What I do know is that that is no Korky fill valve or flapper. And the trip handle is -- what? -- Hydraulic?

I imagine it's all good quality, but I'm pretty sure I'm not finding any of that stuff at Lowe's. Sadly, this runs the risk of knocking this toilet into the "niche model" category.

Given the good pricing, I had the impression that Toto was shooting for wide adoption. And maybe they will get it, given that people seem less concerned than we are when they buy some random-parts Costco toilet with a weird flush valve. But I just lost one of my big selling points when evangelizing Toto products.

Terry -- what do you think? What have you heard?

PS Installation instructions -- new pages 6-7 in Drake manual, obviously written by native Japanese speakers, replete with typos (You may have one of the following two fill valves, Type A, B or C). They call the thing that attaches to the trip handle a "gear box". Hmmmm.... Installation Manual

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
My supply house sells that fill valve, but since I never use it, I forget the brand. The parts list says that mechanism is for a right hand handle, but does not specify what is used with a left hand handle.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Well, the 1G toilet seems to be available for shipping today! I'm hoping that whomever gets their hands on one first shoots us a photo of the tank interior, or, even better, a video of the operation of the first one installed!

I am thinking of ordering one, just to have it, but I would like to have a little more confidence in the flushing mechanism first. Also, the next logical candidate for toilet replacement is in an area where clog resistance is paramount, and I would have gone for the GMax Drake.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks