Drake Differences & 11" rough-in Qs

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by TG284, Mar 12, 2012.

1. TG284

TG284 New Member

After a lot of reading here, it looks like the Drake is probably my best option for compact size & my 11" rough-in requirement.

Are all drake cst743 round models created equally (newer, older, Eco 1.2, 1.6)? So if I buy from somewhere with older stock or the latest batch, does the 11 to 10 7/8" rear clearance likely still apply? Ive found a few spec sheets with different rear #s, just want to confirm.

Might any of the Aquia models or newer contemporary looking/smaller tank units work with the 11"?

Thanks Guys
  2. re8

re8 New Member

More on Drake and 11" rough-in

I've seen on this forum that the Toto Drake can make do with a 10-7/8 rough in.
    So does that mean that if I measure 11" from the wall to the bolts of my current toilet, then I'll have only 1/8 of an inch to spare?
    If so, I better make sure my measurements are accurate!
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

At 11" you only have an 1/8" to spare.

The horn is 2-5/8" going into a 3" drain. There is some room to fudge a bit at that point. But......you won't know for sure what you have until the bowl is pulled.

The Aquia fits at 11.5", but also can be ordered with a 10" bowl CT412MF.10 that works at 9.5"
    The Drake CST744EF.10 works at 9.25" too.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  4. TG284

TG284 New Member

Thanks Terry & All, after finalizing tile im now working with ~10.5"... So 10" rough in it will be

Am I correct in finding that the Drake 10" is NOT offered in round, only elongated? Any other shallower depth 10" toilets that i've overlooked?

I am a click away from ordering the Aquia 10" (CST412MF.10), I like the narrow tank and even though it is elongated, a 27.5" depth. Any other significantly shallower toilets, or ones that tuck the wall best for 10.5"RI that come to mind, lmk.

Thanks again!