Drainage pipe behind dishwasher

Users who are viewing this thread

daveandlin

Reaction score
We have started putting in a new kitchen and ran into an issue with where the dishwasher is going. The drainage pipe is running into the area where the dishwasher should slide into. What is the best way to fix this issue?

There is a stud/support to the right hand side as well, as there is a window above and to the right that you can't see in the pictures.

Hopefully you can help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20151012_162945.jpg
    IMG_20151012_162945.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_20151012_162951.jpg
    IMG_20151012_162951.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 439

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Are you sure the dishwasher doesn't fit already?
Normally the dishwasher has some room at the corners.

Or you can open the wall and drill the studs, moving the waste line out of the way.

daveandlin

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. I'm just going by the drawings that came with the dishwasher. They state 24" are needed, and with the pipe there I know it's not 24". Tonight we will physically try it though to see if it fits.

If we do need to change the pipe, would it just be adding a fitting to the copper pipe that is 45degrees that goes to PVC/ABS, go through the stud, and then a 45 degree back out to under the sink?

Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks