Drain pipes need replacing

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Bassman, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Bassman

Bassman DIY Member

I've been having problems with my drain system forever. The reason is that the grey water in my house doesn't run downhill like it should. In this photo you'll see what I have. For this run to be level, the cleanout end would need to come up at least half an inch. I'm thinking the entire thing has to be replaced with PVC. I understand how to connect to the vertical drains, using clamp connectors. What I need an opinion on is how to connect to the hub on the drain stack. I've read you can clean out the leaded joint and connect PVC to it, or cut just behind the hub and join there. This whole thing is about 4 feet long and it's 2" pipe. Thanks.

[​IMG]
  2. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

Check your visitors message board for help !