Drain pipe not verticle

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by chuck49286, May 2, 2010.

1. chuck49286

chuck49286 New Member

I’m replacing the subfloor & flange in a 35 year old addition after the old one leaked & rotted out. I Got it set up & was dry fitting everything when I found that one side of the flange was about 1/4 inch above the floor when the other side was flush. That’s when I determined that the drain pipe wasn’t vertical. I’ve discovered the Souix City brand “Push Tite” flange which looks like it would allow me to correct the angle.
    Notes: It’s all PVC, & the drain has two 45 degree angles in the first 24 inches.
    Any suggestions?
    Do these type of (I’ll call them “gasket” flanges) work well, and last a long time?
    Thanks for your help
    Last edited: May 2, 2010
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

3. chuck49286

chuck49286 New Member

FYI
    I emailed Chase Wagner 5 days ago & haven't heard back.
    With all the experts on this forum I'm hoping for an independent opinion of this product.
    Thanks again
    Chuck
  4. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Sorry you didn't get a reply from the email. Seems stupid they would include a personal email address in the website and not monitor it at least occasionally. I'm also surprised that some of the true pros on this forum haven't chipped in. You might try talking to a large plumbing supply house in your area. Don't give up on us, getting no response is not the usual here.