Drain pipe issue on washer

Users who are viewing this thread

lpadgett5303

Reaction score
Hi,
I am building an addition and I am at the plumbing part of it. I am building as funds are available so I'm sure I'm not doing everything in the order a professional would. My problem is I put my 2" drain for my washer in the wall and it was a tight fit as it is on a outside wall and was very close to my seal plate. Anyway I thought I had enough room and it is all drywalled and painted now. So I went in the crawlspace to start plumbing and the pipe is hard against the seal plate. My question is. I would like to reduce it to 1"1/2 just at the elbow and then back to 2" so I don't have to cut my drywall out. I cannot fit a coupler or bushing on it. Can a 2" to 1"1/2 compression Donut be used seems those are usually to cast to pvc. Can a compression donut go inside a pvc and hold a seal? If not do I have any other options? I'm not looking to be shamed at my work. It is done live an learn. Thanks for any input.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's a washer. Leave it 2"
Many new washers don't work with 1.5"
If it's tight against the rim joist, take a chisel and take some wood out.

lpadgett5303

Reaction score
It's a washer. Leave it 2"
Many new washers don't work with 1.5"
If it's tight against the rim joist, take a chisel and take some wood out.
Thanks for the reply, It's in such a tight spot there is not room for chiseling. Guess I'm cutting the drywal and making an access panel.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks