Drain location help

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigg

Reaction score
I am currently in the middle of a major kitchen remodel in which I have changed the location of sink. This has forced me to stub up through floor and use an AAV. The sink will be a standard double bowl undermount with disposal and dishwasher on right. I have a floor joist running parallel with cabinet that leaves me 5" of clearance to back and 9" to front. I am trying to determine where to locate drain riser to leave enough clearance for p-trap without making tight turns. I will be using a disposal tee above trap with DW discharging to disposal. Does anyone have diminsions that might help me place riser in best possible place? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You might want to start by explaining why during a major remodel you cannot install a proper vent.

The drain riser could be 5 feet behind and to the left or right of the trap, if you are plumbing a proper 2" drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks