Drain line thru basement wall??

Users who are viewing this thread

bmf0354

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm planning a basement remodel and need to figure out how to deal with what appears to be a drain line that is penetrating my basement wall along with my main water line from my well (see attached pic). Every so often water drips out of the clear tube - especially after heavy rain. Some questions:
  1. Is this a drain line of some sort?
  2. Why would someone put a drain line like this thru the basement wall?
  3. What is the best way to get rid of it?

IMG_1079.JPG

Reach4

Reaction score
Is your question only about the clear tubing? Draining pressure from outside of the penetration sounds like a good guess. If that is the case, getting rid of it does not sound like a good idea.

Where does the PVC go? Well? Fountain?

bmf0354

Reaction score
Is your question only about the clear tubing? Draining pressure from outside of the penetration sounds like a good guess. If that is the case, getting rid of it does not sound like a good idea.

Where does the PVC go? Well? Fountain?

Yes, the clear tubing. The bottom of the T is the inlet/outlet to the bladder tank, top is inlet to house. I've not seen a drain such as this before. Options for removing? My plan is to finish this area and need to remove this clear tubing.

Reach4

Reaction score
The PVC pipes will stay, I presume.

If you just block this off, I suspect that water will work its way in with the wires and pipe.

My thought would be to extend the tubing, and tie it along that horizontal pipe. Run it to a drain if you have one, or move the blue container.

bmf0354

Reaction score
The PVC pipes will stay, I presume.

If you just block this off, I suspect that water will work its way in with the wires and pipe.

My thought would be to extend the tubing, and tie it along that horizontal pipe. Run it to a drain if you have one, or move the blue container.

I'm actually planning to move the bladder tank (remove the T, and replace with 90 deg elbow for the house inlet), and frame a wall around this inlet pipe.
Of course, assuming I can deal with this drain line somehow.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Maybe the PVC water pipe goes to a yard hydrant. Instead of draining the drain port into a dry well they could have screwed in a 1/8” hose pipe nipple into the drain port, attached that plastic tube and let it drain into the basement.

bmf0354

Reaction score
Maybe the PVC water pipe goes to a yard hydrant. Instead of draining the drain port into a dry well they could have screwed in a 1/8” hose pipe nipple into the drain port, attached that plastic tube and let it drain into the basement.

The PVC coming in thru the basement wall is from my well.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Maybe the clear plastic hose is connected to the well vent? You may have to do some digging to find out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks