Drain Hose stuck in standpipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dispacc, Aug 20, 2013.

1. dispacc

dispacc New Member

Hi,

my standpipe is spilling water out, so I want to unclog it, but first I need to take the drain hose out, and there's my problem

The drain hose is stuck on the standpipe, which is on a concrete wall and has an elbow right after the entrance.

This is becoming frustrating as no matter how much strength I use, it doesn't want to come out.

Any tips or tricks that could help me on this?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. craigpump

craigpump Well-Known Member

Self employed water system tech
    Try pouring some vegetable oil in along side the hose, it may help reduce the friction and it is non toxic. Laundry detergent will do the same thing.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement