Drain Hose stuck in standpipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dispacc, Aug 20, 2013.

1. dispacc

dispacc New Member

Hi,

my standpipe is spilling water out, so I want to unclog it, but first I need to take the drain hose out, and there's my problem

The drain hose is stuck on the standpipe, which is on a concrete wall and has an elbow right after the entrance.

This is becoming frustrating as no matter how much strength I use, it doesn't want to come out.

Any tips or tricks that could help me on this?
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. craigpump

craigpump Well-Known Member

Try pouring some vegetable oil in along side the hose, it may help reduce the friction and it is non toxic. Laundry detergent will do the same thing.