drain help connecting p-trap

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by annagibs, Sep 30, 2013.

1. annagibs

annagibs New Member

I have 1 1/2" collars, I need help attaching the p-traps. What needs glued in the 1 1/2" collars to attach the p-traps? [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You would need a trap apapter.

Either a standard female to trap, or a spigot to trap. The trap side would be a slip joint nut and washer.

The other side would be a solvent weld (glued) fitting.
  3. annagibs

annagibs New Member

Thank you Terry!
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Is this question about two different sinks, because one photo shows an elbow and the other one a T?
  5. annagibs

annagibs New Member

Yes two different sinks, but same dilemma. I bought a ptrap adapter to plug into the 1 1/2" drain hub. It has threads a washer and hand tighten plastic nut threaded on Is that what is done usually?
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Yes. We use those trap adapters, either hub or spigot depending on whether you are gluing into a hub or onto a pipe.
    The p-trap is tubular and can be assembled using your hands. Easy to remove and work with.