Drain for Jacuzzi Espree 6060 corner?

Users who are viewing this thread

middie8

Reaction score
Very strange, I cant seem to find one? Lowes had no clue and it is too late to call jacuzzi. Is it a special one made just for jacuzzis or can i go to lowes and buy a fits most type?

thanks

bcolombrito

Reaction score
espree 6060 drain

I am about to purchase same tub from lowes... did you find your drain kit or am I in for the same issues?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

Unless there is something special about that tub, a "generic" drain assembly should work, although it may have to be one that can be extended to accomodate the higher rim of that model tub.

middie8

Reaction score
we got the generic one from lowes. but it did not fit. the overflow drain runs right into one of the pump hoses. so i went to home depot and got a 1 1/4 flexible hose, clear with cross threads through. and the fittings to fit it to the pvc. that worked. i have pics if you would like. let me know.

hsullivan

Reaction score
experience with this Jacuzzi tub

Hi, I am considering buying this tub from Lowes. Do either of you recommend this model and what are your experiences?

pmccracken

Reaction score
jacuzzi espree 6060 tub

I am considering buying the Jacuzzi espree 6060 tub from Lowe's. I read the previous posts from two years ago. I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this tub. If they like it? If they had the drain issue described in the previous posts?

Thanks

DarrenDriven

Reaction score
Well, I plunked down the dough and bought the 6060, I'm starting the install right now... but as I read through the instructions it vaguely tells me that I need the drain/overflow assembly (sold separately) before I start installation. Grrrr.

I am going to head to Lowes tomorrow and ask about this... but I figure that they won't know and I'll have to piece it together. Why wouldn't Jacuzzi just include this with the tub? I paid around $1300 for the skirted model.

Anyone own this and able to give us their comments about the tub?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most sell the drain separately since it likely comes in brass, chrome, satin nickel, etc. there are probably at least a few companies that make a drain that would work, and Lowes may not have the biggest choice or quality.

DarrenDriven

Reaction score
Well, Lowes had a cable-driven bath drain that they sold me for about $65. It still didn't really fit, so I ended up adding a 22 1/2 degree ABS elbow into the long run between the overflow/knob and the T-pipe below so that the pipe would clear the Jacuzzi innards. It is working like a charm.

Now my second problem, it appears to me that Jacuzzi forgot to install the inline "rapid heat" heater. I don't see it anywhere. I'm assuming that it should be right in the front when I look in the access panel, but nada. Grrrr. If anyone has a 6060 can you please confirm the location of the heater?

slo67

Reaction score
jacuzzi espree 6060

I am planning to purchase this model from lowes and was looking on their website and really like the platform in the pic. It doesnt look like tile on the top can somebody tell me what they use instead of tile. Also when doing that do you change the rough in dimensions for the size surround?

DarrenDriven

Reaction score
By the way, Jacuzzi DID forget to install the inline heater on my unit. They are second-day airing me the heater.

The guy at Lowes tried to tell me that Jacuzzi just changed the specs on the 6060 to include the heater, but they had a 2006 catalog sitting on the counter that showed it was a standard feature two years ago. He looked a little embarrassed when I caught him in the fib, but he wasn't really from the plumbing dept, so I think he just said that to sound smarter. :)

jack9026

Reaction score
Platform

I purchased the non-skirted model. A platform was constructed of 2x4's and marble attached to the top side along with a back splash along the wall. Intend to add finished framing along the front with pop out access panels.

DarrenDriven

Reaction score
Wow, remember back on the 27th when I said that Jacuzzi was 2-day air-ing my heater to me? Well its been over two weeks and I still haven't gotten it!

Last Friday I complained to Lowes and they called Jacuzzi... no one had shipped my heater out. So again I was told it would be shipped.

On Wednesday I went BACK into Lowes and bitched... they called again and the woman at Jacuzzi said she had forgotten to ship it, but she would make sure it went right out. That means I should have seen it today. Guess what? Nope.

So I just drove down to Lowes, got the contact information for Jacuzzi (Lowes has a special phone number for them) and called. It turns out that the heater didn't ship Wednesday or yesterday, but he said it shipped today. I'll believe it when I see it on Tuesday.

It seems like the guys over at Jacuzzi have their heads up their asses and can't get anything right. To make matters worse I spent three hours trying to diagnose a leaky toilet that I just installed the other night. There was a manufacturing defect in a crevice under the bowl that caused water to leak everytime the toilet was flushed. I installed the toilet three times, with three separate wax rings before I realized that wasn't the problem. Guess the brand of my toilet? You bet: Jacuzzi. Unfortunately I have three more Jacuzzi toilets going into this old house. (sigh)

I'm at the end of my rope... at this point I will never buy another Jacuzzi product again.

DarrenDriven

Reaction score
P1010329.JPG

P1010358.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks