Drain connection for shower enclosure

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Shirtgames2011, May 4, 2013.

1. Shirtgames2011

Shirtgames2011 New Member

I am installing a 60" fiberglass shower enclosure. The drain is a no solder Oatey PVC. The 2" PVC drain pipe connects between the Oatey drain and the trap. I do not have access from below the shower base as I am on a slab.
    My question is if I need to glue the connection at the trap or can I just insert the 2" pipe into the PVC trap?
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

All of the PVC joints must be primed and cemented. You want to use the Oatey No-Calk drain. It uses a rubber compression ring to seal the shower drain to the drain pipe.