Downflow gravity hydronic heating - bleeding radiators

Users who are viewing this thread

Shluffer

Reaction score
My wife and I just closed on a house with what I think downflow gravity heating. My identification is baes on 2+inch pipe looped around the basement on the retun, 6 inch supply to the radiators, large compression tank in the crawlspace above the third floor, radiator lines are run vertically with two connected pipes on the same side, and an undersized (if standard hydronic) circulation pump.

A friend and I went over to the house today to fill the radiators (they were all drained) and noticed that there are no bleeder valves on the radiators. My best guess as to how to bleed the system is to open a peacock valve on the dcompression tank in the third floor crawlspace. Alternatively, I would connect bleed valves to each radiator, and bleed the m individual idualy.

What is the correct way to bleed one of these systems?

Thanks in adance for the help.

David

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks