Double wye?

Users who are viewing this thread

Theodore

Reaction score
Hi,

Plumbing my basement bathroom with a saniflo pump and I’ve a question about the correct fitting to use. Both the kitchen sink and lavatory sink will have dedicated vent pipes at their origin. Both drain pipes approach the pump at the same height from two separate directions per the sketch, so I would have a hard time using a typical wye or even sanitary tee to combine these pipes. Do I connect these two pipes with a double wye? If so, am I obligated to use the vertica/central leg of the double wye as a vent, or can I just cap it? It’s so close to where the pump intake will be, I wouldn’t even find it useful as a cleanout. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I’ve never used a double wye so I’m not sure of the rules (if any) and would appreciate some advice.

Thanks,

Theodore

Attachments

• Img_3863.jpg
    Img_3863.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 222

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That would be one way, but there are almost as many ways as there are fittings. A "Y" and an 1/8 bend, for example, would do the same thing without worrying about the center opening.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks