Double wye in the wall above lavs

Users who are viewing this thread

john simmons

Reaction score
can I use a double wye in the wall to tie to lav vents together into one . The lines are 2". I know this is a little unorthodox but will the inspector fail me?

john simmons

Reaction score
can I use a double wye in the wall to tie to lav vents together into one . The lines are 2". I know this is a little unorthodox but will the inspector fail me?

I should add that both lavs have san tees at the waste with about 6" of pipe coming up out of the top of each santee at which point I want to 45 over to a double Wye and single vent out to to roof. the whole reason this got this way is because I used a 3" to 2" combo under the floor then a double fixture to horizontal over to a 90 and rise up through floor for wastes. I now realize I should have done the double fixture above the subfloor. not seeing two san tees and vents rising up the wall triggered a flag with the inspector.

john simmons

Reaction score
with
I should add that both lavs have san tees at the waste with about 6" of pipe coming up out of the top of each santee at which point I want to 45 over to a double Wye and single vent out to to roof. the whole reason this got this way is because I used a 3" to 2" combo under the floor then a double fixture to horizontal over to a 90 and rise up through floor for wastes. I now realize I should have done the double fixture above the subfloor. not seeing two san tees and vents rising up the wall triggered a flag with the inspector.
so I cut the 90 waste arms out and added san tees with 6" of vertical vent and want to 45 back over to central vent line about 42" off of floor. I figure the double fixture under the floor is not hurting anything.....

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
45 Degrees is considered vertical on the vents.
They can tie together at 42" above the floor.
The trap arms should have vents above, which means you can bring them up individual or use a doule fixture fitting above the floor.

double_lav_sno.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks