Double / Triple Security Measures running Gas Outdoors

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by chefwong, Nov 14, 2012.

1. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; Lead Buck shot is still available

No impact on the environment, as long as you hit the buck will ALL the shot.
  2. bluebinky

bluebinky Member

I have the excessive flow "fuses" at the shutoffs to my gas appliances. Out of curiosity, I tested them during installation and they do close with wide-open flow. Haven't had one trip yet.

Has anyone had nuisance tripping with them?

Another thing you can add to prevent things going boom in the night is to add an automatic earthquake shutoff. Probably more likely here in CA than in DC, though.
  3. bluebinky

bluebinky Member

To quote Ronald Reagan, "It came out of the ground, it can go back into the ground"...
  4. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

That goes for Used Motor Oil also, So Grandpa would say in the day.