Double Sink with dishwasher- How to plumb it

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by coopns, Aug 18, 2011.

1. coopns

coopns New Member

I have a new double sink with dishwasher. I was at Lowes and they sell a double sink in PVC but there is not a connection to connect to dishwasher. I currently have a single bowl and there is a little connector over to the dishwasher. Do they sell something specific for double sink and dishwasher?

Please advise.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

When you do not have a garbage disposer, you use a "branch tailpiece" below the sink drain which the dishwater drain, or air gap fitting, connects to.
  3. loafer

loafer Mechanical Engineer

You need something like this:
    046224037774sm.jpg
  4. coopns

coopns New Member

I saw some kit type packages at HD and Lowes, they have the compression fittings with the collars that I can tighten up with the washers. Or should I get PVC and parts and glue it? I have only glued once so not a lot of experience.

Thoughts?