Double Pole Single Throw Switch

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by dwassner, Jun 4, 2012.

1. dwassner

dwassner New Member

Hi all,
    I would like to install a switch upstairs by the door that we most often use when leaving the house to shut off the well pump. After doing a quick search I am not finding much of a variety for double pole single throw toggle switches. Can anyone direct me to a site that has them, or suggest an alternative solution to what I am trying to do? Thanks.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

How much variety do you expect in a commercial duty switch? They are readily available at any supply store, possibly even a hardware store.
  3. dwassner

dwassner New Member

Sorry, found what I was looking for...
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Good, but how much variety did you need? If you found a single model, that is all you would have needed.
  5. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

Have graingers send You a catalog, or pick one up at store.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Here, Graingers will ONLY sell to licensed contractors who have a "resale" tax number. THey do not want to deal with being "tax collectors" for anyone who does not have the certificate.
  7. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

Wow,I,ve had an account with them for many Years.Yes I hold a Ca. B Gen. Licence I,ve seen folks off the street trade there. This is Ca.