Double Fixt Tee in place of 45 Double Wye & 1/8 bend?

Users who are viewing this thread

HawaiiBob

Reaction score
Can a 3" double fixture tee be used in place of a 3" 45 drain double wye and 1/8th bend? The bottom of the barrel sweeps into the cesspool drain line. On top is the toilet san-tee and above the vent stack. One side is the drain for the shower (with vent immediately downstream of intersecting shower trap arm), and the other side is the drain for the washer/lav (wet-vent, lav above washer), and kitchen sink. C/O plugs are at the end of both drain lines. All fixtures are directly vented. All vertical fixture pipes are 2" transitioning into 1-1/2 common vent into stack on each side at a 3-3-11/2-11/2 inverted san tee. The sweep of the double fixture tee seems to me long enough to avoid any double sanitary tee splash issue. I need the fixture tee instead of the double wye and 1/8th bend due to really tight dimensions. We are operating under the 2006 UPC with revisions (none applicable here). Thanks so much!

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If it is vertically oriented, the it is usually preferable to a double combo or a double Y-1/8 bends. If it is horizontal, the an inspector would have to approve it, although I have done it a few times in tight spaces.

HawaiiBob

Reaction score
If it is vertically oriented, the it is usually preferable to a double combo or a double Y-1/8 bends. If it is horizontal, the an inspector would have to approve it, although I have done it a few times in tight spaces.

Thanks for the fast response - yes, it's installed vertically

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks