Double Cyclone or EMax flushing system

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by sandybeach, Apr 17, 2012.

1. sandybeach

sandybeach New Member

hi,

i am considering either the ms604114cefg-01 or the ms854114 eg-01. what system is best at cleaning the bowl when flushed. from what i understand the double cyclone has two holes and "swirls" and emax has the normal system, with multiple holes and drop down water.
    which one is better?? price is about the same and they are both 1.28 gal.

any info you can give me would be great. i really don't feel like "cleaning up" after the toilet or flushing twice. kind of defeats the purpose of water saving option.

TIA
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The proclivity to leave streaks depends a lot on diet...but, the dual-cyclone with the SanaGlos finish would likely do a better job should they be there.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I prefer the II series, with double cyclone and Sanagloss.
    That's anything with CEFG on the end.
  4. sandybeach

sandybeach New Member

Thanks for responses.. just to clarify, i wasn't really worried about "streaking" more about paper and remnants left behind that the water doesn't touch or reach. i say that because i have read reviews where people have said this happens.

terry, why do you prefer dual cyclone over the emax??? just wondering and trying to educate myself. this is not a subject i know alot about so always trying to learn something new.

thanks
    s.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  5. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Not sure where you read about shreds of paper being left behind, but this is a common occurrence with pressure assisted flushing with its blast of pressurized water. Toto does not make a pressure assisted toilet. I can not recall a mention of any shredded paper problems with any Toto being reported on this forum.
  6. sandybeach

sandybeach New Member

gary,
    i have read tons of reviews on many sites, so it might be that. sorry i can't remember where i read every thread, but i did read it somewhere b/c it stuck in head. so i was just asking... but thanks any way.
    granted, it was very few reviews, but i have never had this happen with any toilet we have every had.. be it eljer, AS, kohler... so was surprised to see this mentioned anywhere. we do have 3 toilets with 1.6 gpf, so its not b/c of that.
    i would be a new toto owner, so trying to get as much info as possible, just like everyone else....
  7. jadnashua

As Gary said, the high initial velocity of a pressure assisted toilet can shread things, but I've never seen a gravity flush system do that. The Totos are all gravity flush (except some commercial and the Neorest).
  8. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

There may be some bowls like that, but not from TOTO.

There were some bowls from some manufactures that did that, but they tend to hear about those issues and fix them.
  9. sandybeach

sandybeach New Member

thanks everyone for the quick responses....
    would still like to hear from Terry why he prefers the d/c over the emax flushing system

TIA
  10. jadnashua

There are some videos showing the flush of both systems...use the search function. Also, some on UTube.