Double Cyclone or EMax flushing system

Users who are viewing this thread

sandybeach

Reaction score
hi,

i am considering either the ms604114cefg-01 or the ms854114 eg-01. what system is best at cleaning the bowl when flushed. from what i understand the double cyclone has two holes and "swirls" and emax has the normal system, with multiple holes and drop down water.
which one is better?? price is about the same and they are both 1.28 gal.

any info you can give me would be great. i really don't feel like "cleaning up" after the toilet or flushing twice. kind of defeats the purpose of water saving option.

TIA

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The proclivity to leave streaks depends a lot on diet...but, the dual-cyclone with the SanaGlos finish would likely do a better job should they be there.

sandybeach

Reaction score
Thanks for responses.. just to clarify, i wasn't really worried about "streaking" more about paper and remnants left behind that the water doesn't touch or reach. i say that because i have read reviews where people have said this happens.

terry, why do you prefer dual cyclone over the emax??? just wondering and trying to educate myself. this is not a subject i know alot about so always trying to learn something new.

thanks
s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not sure where you read about shreds of paper being left behind, but this is a common occurrence with pressure assisted flushing with its blast of pressurized water. Toto does not make a pressure assisted toilet. I can not recall a mention of any shredded paper problems with any Toto being reported on this forum.

sandybeach

Reaction score
gary,
i have read tons of reviews on many sites, so it might be that. sorry i can't remember where i read every thread, but i did read it somewhere b/c it stuck in head. so i was just asking... but thanks any way.
granted, it was very few reviews, but i have never had this happen with any toilet we have every had.. be it eljer, AS, kohler... so was surprised to see this mentioned anywhere. we do have 3 toilets with 1.6 gpf, so its not b/c of that.
i would be a new toto owner, so trying to get as much info as possible, just like everyone else....

Jadnashua

Reaction score
As Gary said, the high initial velocity of a pressure assisted toilet can shread things, but I've never seen a gravity flush system do that. The Totos are all gravity flush (except some commercial and the Neorest).

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I was worried more about paper and remnants left behind that the water doesn't touch or reach.

There may be some bowls like that, but not from TOTO.

There were some bowls from some manufactures that did that, but they tend to hear about those issues and fix them.

sandybeach

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the quick responses....
would still like to hear from Terry why he prefers the d/c over the emax flushing system

TIA

Jadnashua

Reaction score
There are some videos showing the flush of both systems...use the search function. Also, some on UTube.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks