Dosing tank float switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Wildduk

Reaction score
My house is set up with a dosing tank, which pumps the sewage to an uphill septic......Its got 2 float ball switches in it.....1 turns on the pump, an the other turns on a warning horn if the pump doesn't do its job and the sewage gets too high.....I have been having problems with the pump float switch......It sometimes will not triger the pup to go on, then the alarm will go off.....

All it takes it a bump with a stick, ect. to te pump float to get it to come on....

I need to replace this, but can't find one anywhere.....And I have no idea of the brand as I have not yet retrieved it from the tank....

It is just a float about the size of an apple, connected to a wire that is zip tied to the pump PVC waste line.....Then the wire comes up to the top of the tank....

Any suggestions

Wallskev

Reaction score
Wide Angle Float Switch

This is what my tanks have.

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/alarm.html

pumpinfo.gif

Last edited:

Wildduk

Reaction score
Thanks,

That is exactly what I'm looking for.....Now just to climb down there and replace.....Uggg

Wildduk

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but it appears that the pump is hooked to the discharge pipe, where the float valve is connected.....Not sure how to get the whole thing out...

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
There should be some sort of union on the discharge pipe. If not cut the pipe and put one in.

John

Wildduk

Reaction score
IMG_0062.jpgIMG_0063.jpg

It appears there is a check valve/ union....But not sure what taking the pump out will resovle.....Just need to replace the float valve down there....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks