Doro casing design/style question

Users who are viewing this thread

Chassis

Engineer
Reaction score
I'll be remodelling a 5x5 powder room soon. Using travertine floor, base moulding and wainscoting. Question is what to do about the door and door casing? The door is a 6 panel solid pine, that is finished with stain. The existing casing is stained pine, in a cheesy 1980's style, with cheater (plinth) blocks at the top and bottom.

What would you choose for the door finish and door casing? I figure the options are traverine or wood (stained cherry or walnut). But then what to do with the door? I'm thinking if I go with stained wood door casing, then I need to paint the door because the grain won't match. The easy way out is painted pine casing, and paint the door. But I'm hoping to achieve a bit more impact with what little woodwork will be in this bathroom.

The real focal point will be the stone, so maybe I should de-emphasize the wood and just paint it white.

p.s. I misspelled "Door" in the title. Can someone please edit the title for me? Couldn't figure out how to do it. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks