dornbracht xtool thermostat module clogged Dcheck valve

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Bina, May 11, 2012.

1. Bina

Bina New Member

Hi,

I have a Dornbracht thermostat module, and recently noticed crosswater (hot going into cold) after my block of flats shut down mains to repair the boiler.

Think they have not flushed the pipes, probably debris stuck in check valves on the Thermostatic module.

I can't seem to find any maintenance docs for Dornbracht, but I do have the original installation manual.

Do I disassemble and pull the cartridge and clean following the reverse order of the manual? Not too sure if I can disassemble and clean check valve?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Since the check valves WOULD be the problem, if you diagnosis is correct, cleaning, or more likely replacing, them is the only way to eliminate it. The cartridge has nothing to do with "crossover" water problems, and if this is a multifamily situation, YOUR valve may not be the one causing the problem.
  3. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple I love these ACO Shower Drains - Best in Class

Fixing a Dornbracht thermostat module.

We build a load of showers with the Dornbracht fixtures here in Vancouver and have only once needed a new cartridge. I would simply contact Dornbracht directly and describe the problem. I did just that a year back and they sent me a new rough in from Germany.

Dornbracht Americas Inc.
    1700 Executive Drive South
    Suite 600
    Duluth, GA 30096
    Phone: +1 (800) 774-1181(770)564-3599
    Fax: +1 (800) 899-8527
    E-Mail: mail@dornbracht.com
    www.dornbracht.com

Good Luck.

JW