dornbracht xtool thermostat module clogged Dcheck valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Bina

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Dornbracht thermostat module, and recently noticed crosswater (hot going into cold) after my block of flats shut down mains to repair the boiler.

Think they have not flushed the pipes, probably debris stuck in check valves on the Thermostatic module.

I can't seem to find any maintenance docs for Dornbracht, but I do have the original installation manual.

Do I disassemble and pull the cartridge and clean following the reverse order of the manual? Not too sure if I can disassemble and clean check valve?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Since the check valves WOULD be the problem, if you diagnosis is correct, cleaning, or more likely replacing, them is the only way to eliminate it. The cartridge has nothing to do with "crossover" water problems, and if this is a multifamily situation, YOUR valve may not be the one causing the problem.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Fixing a Dornbracht thermostat module.

We build a load of showers with the Dornbracht fixtures here in Vancouver and have only once needed a new cartridge. I would simply contact Dornbracht directly and describe the problem. I did just that a year back and they sent me a new rough in from Germany.

Dornbracht Americas Inc.
1700 Executive Drive South
Suite 600
Duluth, GA 30096
Phone: +1 (800) 774-1181(770)564-3599
Fax: +1 (800) 899-8527
E-Mail: mail@dornbracht.com
www.dornbracht.com

Good Luck.

JW

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks