Don't worry; I'm not quitting my day job. But, I'm stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

dtraster

Reaction score
How am I going to get the water lines to the shower valve????

The drawing is wrong. There’s a ¾†plywood floor between the 2x10 header and the wall shown in green. The wall hasn’t been installed yet. See photo.

header reduced.jpg
Header photo.jpg
Floor photo.jpg

My original floor joists, at the top of the first photo and shown in red in the drawing, ran east-west (only one shown in the drawing but there are 4). When I cut them off to put in a header, I didn’t do a very good job and cut them off crooked. To straighten them up, I had to shorten them (twice). But, I had to build the shower wall, shown in green, where it is shown. So, I just added two more 2x10s so that there are four of them sistered together.

When I put in the double 2x6 floor joist, in the foreground, I started from the other end of the room. On 16†centers, the last two ended up 1.5†from the 2x10 quadruple header. So, I just sistered three of them together. Looks great; hell for stout.

Then I put in the floor and glued and screwed it down.

But now I don't know how to route the supply lines without lots of twists and turns.

The door on the left is to a coat closet. The shower will will be a the back of coat closet. I guess I can come up through the floor of the closet and then into the wall but that doesn't seem like a good idea. Are twists and turns a problem????

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Connectors, couplings, elbows, etc. are not a problem, as long as the soldering is done correctly. Your inspector will approve it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
How do I get to be your lumber supplier? It seems your answer to any problem is, "More wood!". Why did you have to cut the joists THREE times, did you lose your square and pencil? But, anyway, just bring the water lines up somewhere that there is not a lot of wood under the wall, then offset the pipes in the walls to the correct location. With that much wood under the wall, however, I might just cut a beveled notch and angle the pipes into the wall under the valve.

dtraster

Reaction score
HJ, sorry for the delayed response. It was a combination of trying to do a job with the wrong tools, lack of skill, and poor judgement. Like I said, I'm not quitting my day job!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks