Don't know what I'm looking at...

Users who are viewing this thread

Richrc1131

Reaction score
Maybe you guys can identify what I'm looking at. I don't have a pic. Here's the story:
  • Very old house
  • Main line was clogged
  • Plumbers wanted insane amounts to dig up my front yard
  • I did it myself
  • Discovered that a vertical pipe (clay) had shattered under pressure from all of the rocks that gathered around it over the decades.
  • The last plumber that came out snaked from there to the sewer and the lines unclogged.
  • He also installed a vertical pvc pipe the extends a few inches above ground.
What is that pipe for?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'm assuming that vertical section has a cap on it? It is likely a cleanout. It gives easy access to the main line to clean it out rather than having to do it from inside of the house.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Hollow landscape rock...hides all sorts of things, comes in various sizes. Depending on the brand, some are fiberglass, some plastic, some stone composite.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Now is a good oppurtunity for you to get in gardening mode. Plant some flowers or shrubs around it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks