Dole Valves

Users who are viewing this thread

TVL

Reaction score
I just noticed something posted along with dole valves on the Dean Bennett website:

Do not use a Pumptec if a Dole flow restrictor is also being used

I have been using a 10 GPM dole valve AND a Franklin QD Pumptec for the past 3 years without the first problem. Is there something I should be aware of ?????

Thanks!

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
A 10 GPM Dole valve is a lot of flow for a home use. How much water is the pump rated to pump?

As I understand it, Cycle Sensor http://www.cyclestopvalves.com/prod_sensor.html is able to sense your pump running out of water with a smaller current change than the Pumptec

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I just noticed something posted along with dole valves on the Dean Bennett website:

Do not use a Pumptec if a Dole flow restrictor is also being used

I have been using a 10 GPM dole valve AND a Franklin QD Pumptec for the past 3 years without the first problem. Is there something I should be aware of ?????

Thanks!

Using a Dole valve to restrict the flow of a 15 GPM pump to 10 GPM won't change the amperage very much and a pumptec should work. But when you use a 3 GPM or 1 GPM Dole valve or a CSV which works down to 1 GPM, there is very little difference in the amperage compared to when the well is pumped dry, and a pumpted may not see the difference.

That is why we make the Cycle Sensor to be adjustable to any amperage needed. This way it will protect pumps that are restricted with a valve and running on low amperage.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks