Does Toto make a unifit adapter for Aquia?

Users who are viewing this thread

caiceangel

Reaction score
I purchased a Toto Aquia with a 12" rough-in for installation in a new bathroom.

Unfortunately, the tile guy had to float out the walls to make them level and now the toilet will not fit.

The plumber said the rough-in was now 10" away from the wall & suggested I purchase a unifit adapter.

I can't find this part anywhere & I can't return the toilet without paying a restocking fee + return shipping!

Is there another fix?

Reach4

Reaction score
No Unifit for Aquia.

I don't think there is a way to convert a 12 inch Aquia to a 10 inch Aquia.

There is another fix, but not one that you will like. I don't guess you have a basement under the toilet and want to move the closet flange. If you are on a slab, that becomes even harder.

caiceangel

Reaction score
No basement. It's a concrete slab.

It appears we will either have to cut into the tile in the wall behind the toilet or cut into the slab to move the flange.

I'm sure it's going to be an expensive fix.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have any other options.

Reach4

Reaction score
No basement. It's a concrete slab.

It appears we will either have to cut into the tile in the wall behind the toilet or cut into the slab to move the flange.

I'm sure it's going to be an expensive fix.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have any other options.
Presuming you cannot find a local buyer of the 12-inch Aquia, the restocking and shipping fee and the inconvenience of packing and shipping is your best option. Maybe gift 12-inch Aquia, or donate? Parents, sibling could use a new toilet?

cst416-green-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

caiceangel

Reaction score
The restocking fee + shipping is $550. I only paid $338 for the toilet.

I wish I could find a local buyer.

Any idea how much the fix would be?

Reach4

Reaction score
The restocking fee + shipping is $550. I only paid $338 for the toilet.

I wish I could find a local buyer.

Any idea how much the fix would be?
The fix is a new 10 inch toilet. Do your own measurements before ordering.

If you still want an Aquia II, those are available for 10 inch rough in two-piece as CST412MF.10 .
https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst412mf.10.pdf

Any of the Unifit toilets will fit, but remember you need to add a 10-inch Unifit adapter and discard the included 12 inch.

There are lots of 10 inch rough-in toilets -- just not as many as 12 inch.

Last edited by a moderator:

caiceangel

Reaction score
I want to stick with the Aquia because it matches the toilet in the master bathroom.

Looks like I'm going to buy a new one.

Thanks for your help.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most places sell TOTO locally.
You can check the TOTO dealer locator on their website, which lists a few. They don't list me in the Seattle area, so I'm sure there are even more in your area.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It shouldn't be too hard to sell a new, unused Toto toilet locally, and even if you have to take a small loss, better than what they want for a restocking fee!

Tearing up the slab to relocate the flange now, when apparently the area is freshly finished, means lots of rework, and likely to cost more than the restocking fee.

Reaction score
This is a common mistake with many overzealous and excited homeowners when they go ahead and start projects.

Usually without any planning, they go ahead and make all sorts of purchases. They go ahead and buy toilets, entire showers, entire tubs and walls, entire fixtures and vanities, basically building their perfect bath. Gotta love credit.

Unfortunately, problems arise as early as the demolition, and can discover all sorts of new surprises: how flange positions, roughs, and supply lines can't be moved, or only moved with great redesign difficulty such as new studs, knock a wall down, new electricity, new vent ducts, insert whatever surprise you can think of. That's life.

It can even come to the point where the homeowner isn't even able to use any of their original purchased goodies at all, either because they are entirely incorrect, or the project costs would have escalated beyond belief if they were to go ahead to use what they bought.

Let this lesson be learned for future readers. Those that don't plan well, should be happy with expensive regret after.
32695495-woman-mopping-up-she-is-calling-to-plumbing.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks