Does Toto colonial white match American Std white?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by dmerle, May 11, 2005.

1. dmerle

dmerle New Member

Does the Toto Colonial White really match the American Standard White? Online (and I know that's probably not the best way to compare) the toto color looks grayish white and A/S looks white. I'm getting a Toto drake toilet and my remodeler wants to use an A/S Americast tub... Thanks.
    -Deb S.

2. FixerUpper

FixerUpper New Member

Yes, Toto's Colonial is supposed to be American Standard's white.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. dmerle

dmerle New Member

I know it is supposed to be, but is it really?! Has anyone seem them side by side? How close are they? Thanks.

5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Yes, it's pretty darn close.
    I install Toto softclose seats in Colonial White on the American Standard toilets.

Last edited: May 12, 2005
  6. FixerUpper

FixerUpper New Member

I have Colonial white Toto and an Americast tub in an upstairs bathroom and the answer is Yes.

7. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

White is the most difficult color to match. I would never guarantee that 2 items would match unless they are from the same manufacturer. If you can get the 2 side by side in proper lighting, then the customer gets to decide if the colors are acceptable. Ever try matching a white sink, a white faucet, white sink flange, white air gap cover....all from different manufacturers???!!!!!