Does this shower rough in look ok?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Jo Deloco, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Jo Deloco

Jo Deloco New Member

This is pretty straight-forward shower rough I dry fitted pending comments. I'm not sure if the the wet vent going to the lav is acceptable under IRC (NJ) with the 60 degree fitting. I rolled the combo up slightly above the drain centerline which I hope will be inspection. Thanks for your input.

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The wet vent portion should be 2"
    It looks fine. :)
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

According to his notations, the "wet vent" IS 2", but to use a 1/6 bend at the base, the branch should rise at a 30 degree angle which means the main line should be below the floor one half the distance of the branch line dimension to the 1/6 bend, and yours does NOT appear to be that deep, but it could be because of the way the picture was taken. If the angle is correct and not "cocked" in the fitting, then the inspector should pass it, unless he goes "by the book" and wants it at a 45 angle.
  4. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

The vent is being washed by the lav. there is no need for it to rise at a 45.

John
  5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Now that you've done all that cutting, you realize that you cannot reliably dry fit pvc piping? It is nearly impossible to bottom the pipe in a fitting unless you've added the cement (which melts the plastic and then 'welds' it together). So, unless you planned for that loss of 1/4-1/2" or so per joint, everything's going to be positioned wrong. At least the pipe is cheap...and you can reuse the fittings.