Does this shower head need a ground wire?

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
electric-shower-head-03.jpg

I ordered it from EBay out of Columbia. It's an on demand shower head. The guy who sold it sad not to touch the shower arm once it is on. I'm thinking this shower head needs some kind of ground wire. Maybe a GFI protector.

What do you think? :)

electric-shower-head-04.jpg

Could I just Kerdi it? lol

This shower head looks a little newer but still sketchy....​

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I like that the green wire is not used here. Why would you want a ground wire anyway in the shower?

OMG - my kids are never travelling without me!!!

electric-shower-head-05.jpg

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Studying the pictures you can see the trick with these units is to have a metal pipe for the water. And then tape the ground wire to it. So simple - so speedy...

electric-shower-head-02.jpg
electric-shower-head-01.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; you can see the trick with these units is to have a metal pipe for the water.

And hope you do not have a PEX or CPVC water system. The shower head is probably plastic and that might be the only thing that keeps the user alive. Especially when it was installed by "Clem from W. Virginia".

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
My wife and I have a movie list we want our girls to see before travelling abroad.

1). Brokedown Palace
2). Taken

I'm adding a review of this discussion to the list

1). Brokedown Palace
2). Taken
3) Shower Safety when the shower head could kill you!

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
just at the tail end of your shower you simply reach up and touch to turn on the instant full body dryer.....No towels or towel cleaning needed. Zappo and your dry.

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
My wife and I have a movie list we want our girls to see before travelling abroad.

1). Brokedown Palace
2). Taken

I'm adding a review of this discussion to the list

1). Brokedown Palace
2). Taken
3) Shower Safety when the shower head could kill you!

How about Hostel? That'll make you want to keep them at home.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Hostel.... Of Course.

Consider all three added to the list!

I had a friend over from Winnipeg years back. She has travelled and lived all over the world. Meet her on Grand Cayman when I worked there. She said one night at dinner - don't watch Hostel. As soon as she left I watched it. Sometimes I still cringe when I bang my heel and think of that guy getting his ankle tendon sliced!

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
This is one reason why we have codes, developed over years, and if the inspectors are not totally idiots or on the dole, we don't have major problems here. That many people, even here, feel that if it works, it must be right, and why would I need a permit and an inspector eludes me. Many places outside much of US, Canada, and most of Europe, never heard of permits and inspections. Well, you can throw in Japan and Australia into that group where you're not likely to die from some yahoo that installed something.

In a trip to China once, in a new hotel, the chrome was peeling off the faucets, the building had shifted, and the doors needed a major push to close, and they could not keep the elevators running, not counting the cracks in the walls. Really scary. Stayed at an old hotel from maybe 100-years ago in Shanghai, and everything worked, even at that age - influence from England, way before the communists took over.

Lived in Jordan for awhile...the electrical power lines were just twisted together on the poles...arced at any hint of a wind or rain (luckily, didn't have much of that), and the voltage would swing all over the place.

Until you've seen some of this stuff, you don't appreciate what we have and just take it for granted.

india_elec_3475.jpg

Picture from India added by Terry Love

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks