Does the LED backlight on the Fleck softeners ever turn off?

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
LOL, that thing is bright!

I have a few customers that have put black tape over the clear cover since the softener is in their man cave. It lights up the whole room.

The new touchscreens do turn off thankfully, that would be even brighter.

ditttohead

Reaction score
Good idea, marketing 101!

I pulled my Jeep into the garage a few weeks ago and the garage door opener light was out (replaced it with a LED last weekend), and I swear I could see just fine from that bright blue light of my test 5800SXT valve on my work bench. Fortunately I have the XTR version of the 7000, it is not even noticeable.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
You could void the warranty and add a switch to the led power.

You may be able to add a Tri-Color LED and make it whatever color you like.

A single LED does not use enough power to worry about.

The bright side is, You can add salt without turning on the light.

ditttohead

Reaction score
LOL, creative!

Blue is a bad color for this, it looks the best, but it also lights up the whole room with almost no power consumption. I prefer red, the wavelegth of the light does not carry as far, so the whole room is not glowing like it does with the blue. Red is kind of an ugly light color though. Oh well, black electrical tape it is...

Or how about spray on tint? Pep boys. :) tint.gif

Reach4

Reaction score
Static cling tint film could be cut to size. Other self-adhesive films are available, but they could be more difficult to remove. It is sold for various purposes including shading a baby in a car.

For more darkening, you could put a hat on it.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
LOL, creative!

Blue is a bad color for this, it looks the best, but it also lights up the whole room with almost no power consumption. I prefer red, the wavelegth of the light does not carry as far, so the whole room is not glowing like it does with the blue. Red is kind of an ugly light color though. Oh well, black electrical tape it is...

Or how about spray on tint? Pep boys. :) View attachment 23702

You could always use Wal-Mart bags.

But you may have Nightmares of being at Wal-Fart in the middle of the night looking for window tint.

Shannon Duffy

Reaction score
I had the same question! It drives me nuts seeing the display light on constantly. I know it's not much, but I just think about the wasted energy..

Reach4

Reaction score
I had the same question! It drives me nuts seeing the display light on constantly. I know it's not much, but I just think about the wasted energy..
If you cover the display with self-adhesive clear red plastic sheet cut to size, the light will be much dimmer. That's what I did. You can still read the display.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks