Does Kerdi or NobleSeal TS have an AS3740 Waterproofing approval?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by johnfrwhipple, May 7, 2014.

1. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

Jim does Kerdi have an AS3740 Waterproofing approval? Does NobleSeal TS?

Can not seem to locate either of the these sheet membranes with an Australian approval.

The Schluter website links you to Germany when you pick Australia in the Country Code list. Odd. I emailed Nelson (President of Noble Company) to see if they sell out there.

My guess is neither of the sheet membranes make the list. It appears that a lot of Aussy's are searching info on waterproofing. Terry have you seen a spike in Australian viewers over the last six months?

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Schluter does not appear to have any established corporate presence outside of North America, Europe, and into some countries in the Middle East. It would be doubtful they would seek national approval for a product they cannot support with local assistance. Unless Australia abides by a cross-reference policy with a standard from some other country or association, while it may pass that test, it probably technically would not be approved.

As to Noble Company, it appears they have no corporate operations outside of North America, or if they do, they do not make it easy to find on their website.

That doesn't mean you could not import them, but it would be questionable whether you could use them there where there are code enforcement agencies you must deal with.
  3. eurob

eurob master tile and stone installer

I think you will have a better chance with the Hydroban or similar , John .

The membranes used for waterproofing need to be flexible -- as per AS 4858, which gives a net advantage to the Noble Seal TS -- flexible sealant used to seal the overlaps -- . We can also mention the crack isolation properties of the Noble Seal TS , the compliance with the IRC , IPC , UPC and if reading further -- ICC_ES_PMG-1059

Do not see any problem with using the Noble Seal TS in Australia .:) Maybe I should move there .:D
  4. johnfrwhipple

Roberto the UK and Australia seem dominated by the liquid market. I wonder if their liquids differ any from the North America products. Elongation is the critical factor I think with these other countries testing.

Perhaps a membrane like Noble Seal TS could benefit from a bond breaker tape in the corners and somewhat of a eased creased upturn at the floor to wall intersection. Like the Noble Sealed Slip Joint Ceiling detail but lower.
  5. eurob

eurob master tile and stone installer

John, the liquids have the submerged application included-- sheet membranes don't --.

Net advantage there + their flexibility range. Always used in combination of fabric or mesh reinforcement.:)
  6. johnfrwhipple

Reached out to Nelson at Noble Company last week and have not heard back as yet. Hoping to hear and answer soon on this.