Does Kerdi or NobleSeal TS have an AS3740 Waterproofing approval?

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Jim does Kerdi have an AS3740 Waterproofing approval? Does NobleSeal TS?

Can not seem to locate either of the these sheet membranes with an Australian approval.

The Schluter website links you to Germany when you pick Australia in the Country Code list. Odd. I emailed Nelson (President of Noble Company) to see if they sell out there.

My guess is neither of the sheet membranes make the list. It appears that a lot of Aussy's are searching info on waterproofing. Terry have you seen a spike in Australian viewers over the last six months?

lesson1_standards_and_specifications_2.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Schluter does not appear to have any established corporate presence outside of North America, Europe, and into some countries in the Middle East. It would be doubtful they would seek national approval for a product they cannot support with local assistance. Unless Australia abides by a cross-reference policy with a standard from some other country or association, while it may pass that test, it probably technically would not be approved.

As to Noble Company, it appears they have no corporate operations outside of North America, or if they do, they do not make it easy to find on their website.

That doesn't mean you could not import them, but it would be questionable whether you could use them there where there are code enforcement agencies you must deal with.

Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
I think you will have a better chance with the Hydroban or similar , John .

The membranes used for waterproofing need to be flexible -- as per AS 4858, which gives a net advantage to the Noble Seal TS -- flexible sealant used to seal the overlaps -- . We can also mention the crack isolation properties of the Noble Seal TS , the compliance with the IRC , IPC , UPC and if reading further -- ICC_ES_PMG-1059

PMG-1059 said:
'' Models: NobleSeal ® TS: Composite sheet membrane made from chlorinated polyethylene (CPE), an inherently flexible synthetic elastomer, with fabric laminated to both sides. The product has a nominal thickness of 30 mils [0.030 inch (0.76 mm)] and complies with ANSI A118.10."]Models: NobleSeal ® TS: Composite sheet membrane made from chlorinated polyethylene (CPE), an inherently flexible synthetic elastomer, with fabric laminated to both sides. The product has a nominal thickness of 30 mils [0.030 inch (0.76 mm)] and complies with ANSI A118.10.''

Do not see any problem with using the Noble Seal TS in Australia .:) Maybe I should move there .:D

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Roberto the UK and Australia seem dominated by the liquid market. I wonder if their liquids differ any from the North America products. Elongation is the critical factor I think with these other countries testing.

Perhaps a membrane like Noble Seal TS could benefit from a bond breaker tape in the corners and somewhat of a eased creased upturn at the floor to wall intersection. Like the Noble Sealed Slip Joint Ceiling detail but lower.

Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
John, the liquids have the submerged application included-- sheet membranes don't --.

Net advantage there + their flexibility range. Always used in combination of fabric or mesh reinforcement.:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks