Does Beckett have a self test mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Keith7700

Reaction score
I have no problems with this oil burner - it is operating just fine. However, my Beckett burner will occasionally come on, fire after 15 seconds, and then shut down 1 second after firing. It happens infrequently and I haven't been able to document the conditions under which it happens, ie which zone is calling or if any zones are calling. I have 3 zones:
  1. Downstairs with a mercury switch t-stat set at 60
  2. Upstairs with a programmable t-stat set at hold on 50
  3. Boiler buddy tank upper coil set at 108
It shuts off quicker than I would expect for a flame sensor error. Does this unit have a scheduled self test program? That's what it seems to be doing. It does this any time of the year and even when I'm sure that none of the t-stats should be calling for heat. It's a Home Depot gun that came with a Slantfin boiler about 8 yrs ago. If it's not the gun, I am leaning towards the programmable t-stat. I had one of those fail before and the failure mode was continuity. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks