Does anyone recognize these shower handles?

Users who are viewing this thread

gemgem

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to do some DIY cosmetic changes to my parents' bathroom. I want to change out their shower handles because they're crusty and pretty disgusting. I tried twisting and pulling on the handles with the screws off, but neither of them would budge. I don't want to pull or twist too hard because I'm afraid I'll break something in the wall. Does anyone recognize these shower handles? I figure if I had a particular part number I might be able to do a better search for solutions.

Any suggestions about how should I go about removing them without pipe breakage? (Do these particular handles pull off, twist off, etc.? Would I have any luck with Liquid Wrench?) We just don't have the budget to do major fixes should something break.

Sorry about the size of these!

handle 1.jpghandle 2.jpghandle 3.jpghandle 4.jpg

I believe they're American Standard from the 1950s or 1960s. The shower arm is an American Standard ball end type.

Thanks!

Last edited:

gemgem

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks