Does anyone know where i could get technical info on well pumps

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
There's only 3 or 4 wires on a submersible. Usually 2 black, 1 red if you have a 3 wire pump requiring a control box, no red if you have a 2 wire pump which has no control box, and 1 green which is ground. Connect by the color or, the 2 blacks are hots and it doesn't matter which power cable hots go to either of them.

stra8up3

Reaction score
I have a 3/4 HP franklin electric well pump/motor, with control box as far as wires, it has 1 green wire and 2 black the new motor, what I'm trying to find out is where exactly do they go? :D any info/help will be much appreciated

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I have a 3/4 HP franklin electric well pump/motor, with control box as far as wires, it has 1 green wire and 2 black the new motor, what I'm trying to find out is where exactly do they go? :D any info/help will be much appreciated
Then you have the wrong motor, it is a 2 wire and you need a 3 wire.

Look in the control box at the wires going to the pump, or at the well, naturally with the power to it off, and you'll see R, Y, B, G, for red (Start), yellow (hot), black (hot) and green (ground).

stra8up3

Reaction score
Well if i knew what i was doing i would not be asking for help

LOL.. LOL... well I am not going to do anything that is going to make it unlike it was before

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Good title line

If you post a schematic we can pretty well reverse-engineer the thing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks