Does anyone know the pipe center distance for a Fleck 5600SXT.

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Killer95Stang, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Killer95Stang

Killer95Stang New Member

I'm in the middle of re-pipe of my house from the single story attic (slab foundation), and would like to come down an interior wall with stubouts for a future water softener. Right now I'll just solder in a closed loop until a few months down the road when I'm ready for the softener. So.. does anyone know the center distance of the inlets on one of the threaded bypass valves that slide into the back of the Fleck unit?

Thanks.
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

I strongly advise not to do that because it isn't only the distance between the pipes, it is the height of the by pass valve also and until you get the tank and get the control valve on it, there is no way to know the height.
  3. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Gary is right here. Without having the equipment on hand you are engaged in an exercise in futility although you can get close and use flexi-supplies.
  4. Killer95Stang

Killer95Stang New Member

Pipes that are coming into the closet are coming down from the attic and will be hidden behind drywall. I can play with the height after I get the unit, but I won't be able to bore a hole for the drops from the attic a second time. Just knowing the center distance would help me a lot more than you think. With that info, I could finish all the plumbing above my bathroom remodel, which currently has no ceiling.
  5. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

You can go to Flecks (Pentair)web site and get the dimensions there but you would have to pick which valve you want. Personally, I would poke both pipes out at about 72" off the floor and 8" apart. You can always pipe from there later or go with flexible supplies.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  6. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Center pipe to center pipe is 2" for the Fleck 5600 series bypasses or piping connectors.