Does a Kohler Lever fit on a Toto

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by noreast, Feb 12, 2009.

1. noreast

noreast New Member

Hello All!

I'm being coerced into buying a Kohler Devonshire toilet because of the style and the lever matches our valves. I may be able to talk my wife into the Toto Clayton, but I don't think that they have a matching lever.

Do anyone know if the lever from a Kohler will fit a Toto Clayton?

Thanks in advance!

George

[​IMG]
    Toto Clayton
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
  2. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

The Kohler trip lever is different from the Toto.
    The Toto trip lever curves out because the tank itself curves out in the front.
    You would have to be able to bend the Kohler trip lever and i'm not sure if you can because it looks like it's made of plastic.

Kohler
    Kohler trip lever.JPG

Toto
    Toto trip lever.JPG
  3. Howard Emerson

Howard Emerson I teach guitar:You call that a job?

George,
    If you have a heat gun (the kind used for removing paint, etc) I believe you could carefully warm the plastic Kohler trip lever and bend it slightly.

Boiling water may be a safer, cheaper option, and then a quick quench into cold water would set the bend.

It takes some practice, but the plastic trip levers available in the hardware store would give you something to practice on.

HE