Does a half bath in place of a shower adds value to the house?

Users who are viewing this thread

sethramesh

Reaction score
We have a shower and a garden tub in our master bath room. But we have only 2 baths in our home (one up and one down (Master)) and all the visitors will have to go up or use the master bath ( which my wife don't like). I can get rid of the shower and create a 6'X 3' small visitor bath room. In such case we have to use the garden tub as regular bath tub. My question is
1) Does Replacing the shower with a small visitor half bath room add value to the house and help sell the house fast? (House with 2 1/2 bath sells quicker than the one with 2?)
2) Can we use the garden tub as regular bath tub? Thanks for your help
DSC02755.jpg
DSC02748.jpg

MTcummins

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the powder room is in an easily accessible location to the common areas on the main floor, probably would add to the value. People want the 4 piece master these days, though almost nobody uses them, so you'll take a bit of a hit there, but the half bath will be more valuable. however, you will want a shower in the master bath, so you may have to remove that tub and do a more traditional tub with a shower. maybe put in a jetted tub with apron and shower surround. no shower in the master is going to be a huge turn-off to a potential buyer.

While you're at it, change out your gold fixtures, if you want to gain market value. Choose brushed nickel or oil rubbed bronze fixtures instead.

Now that I've spent 10 grand of your money...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks