Do you no any thing about Plumbing in turkey

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by chadda, Oct 18, 2005.

1. chadda

chadda New Member

Hi I have resonantly purchased a new apartment in turkey
    Which is fully piped out, except for radiators and the hot water?
    Going back next year to furnish and sort the plumbing out

So my question is has any one fitted one of there electric hot water boilers
    The boiler runs the Hot water plus central heating.
    There where two unions coming out of the proposed site, to be fitted with an
    Electrical point
    The boilers I have seen there just seem to have two flexible pipe connectors
    Then connected to the electricity supply not shore how these boilers work
    On the central heating side of things if you can advise on any aspect
    Of this will be appreciated
    Regards
  2. finnegan

finnegan New Member

Normally you would not mix your potable hot water and heating water, but who knows what folks do in Turkey. I actually spent about two weeks there a while back going all over the country. Unfortunately, that was the last time I was a millionaire (in Turkish Lira). Great country though. Though, I did not pay much attention to the wiring and piping of their boilers. I am not entirely clear on your set up. Is there a hot water storage tank or just the boiler? Do you have the manual for the boiler?
  3. chadda

chadda New Member

4. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Many countries have little or no plumbing standards. Even those that do have codes may be far different than the US. I have zero knowledge about Turkey's codes or lack thereof. If you are going to renovate the existing system, you will probably have to work with Turkish plumbers and supply houses to get the parts needed and installed. When working with any kind of boiler system, you definitely need someone who really is qualified to work on that particular system. Screw up on a boiler could prove to be a real disaster. If there is anyone on this BBS that knows about what you are dealing with, it would be HJ. He is an expert on boilers in this country and would likely be knowledgable on other countries systems as well.