Do you lose one work glove? And why just one hand?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Terry, Jan 10, 2014.

?

Do you lose just one glove? And if so, which hand?

1. I lose my left hand gloves

33.3%
  2. I lose my right hand gloves

66.7%
  3. I don't lose gloves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I lose my left hand gloves. I just checked the van, and I have ten right hand gloves, and no left hand gloves. And I'm right handed, so what does this mean?
    And this isn't just recently. It's been happening for a while. I don't throw them out, and they're not in the van.
    So what in the heck is happening with my left hand gloves. And while I'm at it. Does anyone need right hand gloves? Because I've got way more than I need of those!
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Off hand, without checking, I do have a lot of gloves for one hand. Maybe they are with all the missing socks. As a side issue, have you ever noticed that when you need a standard flat screwdriver all you have are Phillips, but when you need a Phillips they have either changed to flat ones or square drives? 1/2" sweat elbows and street ells are the same. No matter which one you need you have lots of the other one. I have accused my supply house counter person of going out and switching them when I am not looking.
  3. bluebinky

bluebinky Member

Which pocket do you keep your keys in?
  4. Terry

My right side. But no........no glove there.
  5. Terry

[​IMG]

The last count today.
  6. craigpump

craigpump Member

Must be slow in Washington if you're counting gloves...... LOL
  7. Terry

I took that picture when I was replacing a Whirlpool water heater.
    Somebody had taken a standard vented gas water heater and tried to make a direct vent out of it.
    We put in a new Pro Classic Plus Direct Vent, and while we were picking up, I pulled the gloves from the van and took a picture.

[​IMG]