Do they make a potable hot cold hose bib?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kail

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a couple of non-freezing hot cold mixing valve hose spigots. All the ones I have found on line so far say they are not for potable water systems and they contain lead. Does anyone out there know of any that will work for a potable system. We will probably use this to water the garden and maybe even drink from. I'm looking for a 6" model.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone makes one rated for potable water. This one doesn't say it isn't, but you'd have to call them to verify suitability. Moen used to make one that I think would have worked, but it's now discontinued.

http://champion-arrowhead.com/

Problem is, once you add hot water, it's often questionable to call it potable...should be on cold only, though, like your kitchen faucet. Only the manufacturer can really answer this. Let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
It's the Moen Hot and Cold One Handle Frostfree Outdoor Faucet, if it is indeed discontinued, you'll need to hit the surplus markets online.
Moen_Hot_and_Cold_One_Handle_Frostfree_Outdoor_Faucet.jpg

Kail

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone makes one rated for potable water. This one doesn't say it isn't, but you'd have to call them to verify suitability. Moen used to make one that I think would have worked, but it's now discontinued.

Problem is, once you add hot water, it's often questionable to call it potable...should be on cold only, though, like your kitchen faucet. Only the manufacturer can really answer this. Let us know.

I called arrowhead and they said they changed production about a year ago and their new model does not contain lead. The new model's part number will en with "LF" and the old lead conataining part number will end with "BCLD." Unfortunately it appears that most websites don't list the whole part number. So if you find a place to buy one lead free please let me know.

Reach4

Reaction score
for a bunch of lead-free Hot & Cold Anti-Siphon Hydrant (490BFP Series) -part numbers to seek based on how long you want, and more factors.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks