DO NOT BUY FROM HOME DEPOT...and here's why and what happened to me today !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I told her that I did not keep specific information on what brand of water heater we came out and serviced in her home 2 years ago.....

I don't keep that much detail either for a service call. All that information is on the heater anyway.
If they purchased a water heater, the model number, but not the serial number is on the invoice.

However, the last water heater I purchased from the supplier, they did put the serial number on their invoice.

Last edited:

Rayh78

Reaction score
The box stores do have to deal with a lot of fraud and scams.
Peolple will even but patio sets to have a big party for a weekend and then return the items instead of renting at some place.
The return policy is very good compared with a lot of smaller stores and what we had to deal with before the box stores.
For hardware I use one visa card for hardware only. That way don't have to save receipts for returns. They just scan the credit card and put a credit back on it. Without the visa or receipt can only get a gift card. Lowes is worst than HD. With too many will not allow for a couple of years to return without credit card or receipt.

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
The box stores do have to deal with a lot of fraud and scams.

Bingo! They are inundated with that kind of thing because of their excessively lenient return policies, and of course it is the honest and responsible customers
who end up paying for it. I, for one, am sick of subsidizing all the scammers, cheats, petty thieves and similar low-lifes, and am extremely glad
to hear of one these places putting in place minimum standards of verification. Folks without receipts shouldn't be given the time of day, let alone money or
new merchandise.

Mosh Pit

Reaction score
A year or two ago the Home Depots around here stopped giving store credit for no receipts. I buy so much stuff from Home Depot it is a huge hassle to keep all of them. I only keep the ones that I need to show for warranty requests. They let you check your credit card for receipts so I started doing that. Soon after they stopped giving store credit they started to give it again. There must have been a lot of customer backlash.

Home Depot has always been good to me. I've had a couple of issues here and there but overall they've been really nice to me. I am not a plumber though. I have had a LOT of bad experiences with Lowes though. I'm sure store to store you will find some nice workers and some jerks.

MushCreek

Reaction score
Around here, Lowes has a My Lowes card or something like that. It records all of your purchases so you don't have to worry about a receipt. I don't buy much at the big box stores, though. As an aside- even if you do save the receipt, those cash register receipts fade very quickly. If it's something important, better make a copy of it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks