Do Noble Niches Have The Bottom Shelf Slope Built Into Them?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by DanMcD, Mar 8, 2013.

1. DanMcD

DanMcD New Member

Do Noble Niches Have The Bottom Shelf Slope Built Into Them?
  2. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple I love these ACO Shower Drains - Best in Class

The one I have a sample of does not.
  3. johnfrwhipple

The Noble Shower Niche is made of foam so I guess you could cut your own slope into it???

I have never used a ready made shower niche. Building a shower niche is so easy.

JW
  4. FunNut

FunNut New Member

I recently purchased several Noble Company products. I've phoned their technical support people several times to ask questions. They are very helpful and knowledgeable. I suggest you call them for any questions you have.
  5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

These things are like maybe 3" deep, and at 1/4" per foot, that's 1/16" of an inch. It would be hard to tell! Either case, it's not hard to get some slope when you set the tile on that bottom edge. I don't remember if those have a coating on them, or it's all foam. IF it's all foam, it would be easy to sand a slight slope prior to installation, or even after it was installed if you wanted to.
  6. johnfrwhipple

The niche is foam Jim. I think you could just shave a little off to be safe. I filled the one I got at a Noble Demo last year with water and left it for 7 weeks. The foam is watertight.

JW
  7. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Being foam, and wide, it's a lot easier to just sand it a little than to try to cut it in a nice, smooth plane.