Do "L" shaped shower rods make for a reliable shower design - Small, Corner Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Tommasini53

Reaction score
Greetings,

Do "L" shaped (90 degree) shower rods make for reliable shower design? Am I asking for a puddled up bathroom floor after every shower? I just don't see this idea carried out very often and that worries me.

I'm seeking input on a bathroom remodel idea. I have a small bathroom, part of it has a sloping ceiling. This room used to be a closet.

The shower is in a corner and will be about 33"x33" or so.

I would like to use an"L" shaped shower-rod, thus having a shower curtain on two sides of the shower. The floor and walls around the shower area will be tiled. I can build the shower curb plenty tall to contain the curtain and water.

I'd like to avoid walling in the shower, I'd rather have the room wide open so it won't seem so small.

Any experiences with this type of design (positive and negative) would be greatly appreciated!!

I've found Signiture Hardware and they carry several high quality brands of L shaped and neo-angle shower rods, but I have not found much discussion on this design.

Thanks in advance :) Adam

Reed01

Reaction score
It seems like a very small shower space. At this point it seems you may have to custom size the shower rod, especially if it's a slopped ceiling.
You may try showerrods.com they may be able to help you with something custom.

Shower Rods/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks