Do I need to change this santee to a wye?

Users who are viewing this thread

chimmer

Reaction score
Further to my other threads I was wondering if it will be okay to use this 4x4x3 santee to tie in the main floor plumbing. I think it is technically supposed to be a wye based on what I have read since the vertical section above is draining a 4 piece bathroom before it vents to the roof. I used a santee because it allowed for the slope I would need to redirect the main floor plumbing with a 3" line (about 8 feet, so down 2 inches).

If this fitting will cause a problem, then I guess I can change it to a 4" wye and use 4" pipe so that the slope only needs to be 1/8" per foot but of course I would prefer not to change it if not necessary.

(The silver bubble wrap insulation is there in an attempt to deaden the sound of water rushing through the pipe and the cleanout fitting is there temporarily)
plumbingquestion.jpg viewfromoutside.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks