do i need septic pumped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sweetangel2885

Reaction score
my husband and I with our 2 kids have lived in our house for 6 1/2 yrs and never have had a problem with the septic, the last month or so when you take a shower the toilet water gurgles and almost all the water drains out of it, i have read its probably a cloged drain or a vent cloged but im not sure what to do any suggestions would be helpful and grealy appreciated!
Rachel

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are things that get flushed down the drain that don't break down and therefore accumulate in the septic tank. If the tank gets too full of solids, instead of containing them, they can get washed out into the leach field. This can kill a leach field, requiring replacement (often at significant cost). So, after 6-years, probably a good idea to have it checked and pumped, regardless. Slow draining could be from the tank being full, or a clogged line (same effect).

Sweetangel2885

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I am planning to call a septic company on monday and see what they have to say. I am just scared since like with everyone money is so tight these days... anyway thank you for your reply

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks