Do I have to do anything to my water softener if I have to turn off my house's water?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by amateurplumber1, Aug 7, 2013.

1. amateurplumber1

amateurplumber1 Member

I've gotta work on something else and I need to turn off the water main. Can I just go ahead and do that or will I have to take special precautions with the softener?

Thanks guys!
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

You can just turn it off but you may want to use the bypass valve if you are cutting into the piping before the softener.