Do Caromas make Aquia noise

Users who are viewing this thread

mattpdx

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Caroma dual-flush toilets have the same trickling water sound that seems to plague the Toto Aquia?

I just installed an Aquia tonight, and the sound of trickling water is more than I'm willing to tolerate. I realize some people dismiss it with the rationale that you'll get used to it. But that seems silly to me.

For those thinking about the buying the Aquia, the sound I'm referring to happens in the minutes after you flush the toilet. It also occurs anytime additional "volume" is added to the water in the bowl (solid or liquid). In each of these situations, water continues to overflow from the trap area down the sewer pipe. It results in the sound of water trickling, reminiscent of a leak.

It's not that it's completely intolerable. It's just not something I'm willing to put up with. Hopefully the Caromas are differant. Thanks.

Matt

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I have sold quite a few Caromas and have never heard any trickling sound and no one has ever reported any to me.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you go for a Caroma the Caravelle 270 and Tasman 270 are basically the same toilet the difference is the Tasman has a plastic tank and a lower cost.

sydney_on_tile.jpg

The Caroma Sydney comfort height round 270 bowl

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
All toilets do this, it's just that on some, you can hear it more easily. The bowl is filled to overflowing after a flush, and until it equalizes, some escapes down the drain. Because it was filled just to overflowing, adding anything does the same thing. Personally, it doesn't bother me.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Trickle noise is a "NON-ISSUE" for most people. You are the exception Matt. Hardly a Plague.
Toto Aquia-winner of numerous awards.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Caroma also has a plastic adapter for the connection.

The Caroma makes more noise during the flush, and has less of the water trickle sound at the end.

Some ticking clocks bother me when I first walk into a room, but then I notice I don't listen to the clicking after a while.

Environmentally friendly and green building product.

Last edited:

rgorke

Reaction score
I only hear the trickling noise when I am tinkling in the toilet and prior to flushing. Is this a problem to some? Or is trickle happening all the time?

mattpdx

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks to those of you who helped answer the question.

Contrary to what people like Mike50 believe, it doesn't matter how many awards a toilet has won, or if my preferrences make me the "exception." The goal is to simply find the right toilet for my needs. And Terry's provided a wonderful resource to help facilitate that.

As it turns out, the Aquia is about $250 cheaper than its Caroma dual-flush counterparts. So I've opted to go with the Drake. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks